Here are the reasons we offer cost-effective service:
1. Low Overhead. Our attorneys rely on advanced software and high speed scanners to maximize efficiency and minimize time needed for (costly) paralegal or secretarial assistance.
2. Location. We are located two blocks from both the Courthouse and City County Building in Pittsburgh, which means we spend less time traveling to and from court than many than other lawyers and law firms. For you, this will translate into a lower bill for attorney time, ultimately.
3. Our Expertise. We are experienced lawyers who use our knowledge of the legal system to litigate cases wisely. We rarely find ourselves in an entirely new situation where we are reinventing the wheel. Our clients benefit for our past experience and our data base of research from other cases.
4. Fair Hourly Rate. Our maximum hourly rate for a partner work on a case is $200 while many firms charge $300 or more for the highest level of experience. We offer contingency fee arrangements for injury cases and certain contract law matters.
5. Billing Increments. Our minimum billing increment is .1 hour, or six minutes, which is the lowest rate you will find. Many other firms charge a minimum billing increment of .2 or .3 (or higher), meaning, every time you send them an email as short as “thank you,” you can get billed twelve minutes, or eighteen minutes, even if the email was two words long!
6. Flat Fee Billing. In some instances, we offer the client the option of flat fee billing. Flat fee billing can save you money if the project (Pre-nup, PFA hearing, support conference, or other event) takes longer than expected, which is common in the legal system as you may already appreciate.
7. Diverse Legal Talent. Our firm includes attorneys who come from diverse backgrounds. Together, we provide a multitude of professional specialty and insight that exist under one roof. Thus, for example, if your family law case suddenly touches upon an area of corporate law, you need not spend time shopping for the lowest cost corporate law specialist. With us, a consultation in-house from a corporate law attorney will cost you no more than the hourly rate of primary counsel your case. Plus, our team of lawyers work well together on a moment’s notice, which results in the saving of time (and money).
8. Technological Savvy. It is better to be information rich rather than information poor. Your case may require you to obtain information from outside sources through the use of a subpoena or other litigation tool. That said, we can cut down on your legal expenses by relying on our awareness and use of public data bases. Often, the information we seek is already a matter of public record. The trick is knowing where to find it. Our methods can save you time and money over the long run.
9. You are the Boss. We keep you advised of all decisions you need to make in your case. Why is this important? We forecast upcoming costs and give you a detailed cost-benefit analysis. We also suggest less expensive alternatives. If, for example, a lawyer would typically take a deposition your case (which can be costly because it involves payment for a transcript), we will suggest alternate options for you to get the same result at a lower cost.
10. Negotiation/Trial Skills. We typically explore the least cost options as early as possible. In litigation, typically, the least cost option involves some sort of settlement agreement. That said, we cannot force the other side to be reasonable and you can rest assured that we will be prepared to handle your case to conclusion regardless of how difficult the other side intends to make the case. If a case looks like it may go to trial, we rely on a precision and our past trial to know exactly what we need to prove in court and we do it quickly and efficiently. This way, we will not waste a jury’s time…or yours. The jury will be impressed that we saved their time (and they will look more favorably on you and your case) and, of course, you will come away with less legal fees, ultimately.
Our firm handles: family Law Most areas of law, PFA Protection From Abuse Act; Child Custody – custody in PA; Visitation of Children in the Commonwealth of PA; Divorce – No fault, simple and complex divorce in Allegheny County; Support – Spousal support, child support, APL or alimony pendente lite, and alimony in PA; Criminal Law – Assault, bad check charges, drunk driving, DUI; Contract Disputes – in Pennsylvania